I am a little late on the blog, but I think I jumped in at a good time. After two weeks of frustration in CSR 309, Dr. Feinberg finally came around! I harbored resentment at first, but after listening to what he had to say, I quickly changed my stance.
For the entire class period, I sat listening intensely and laughing at his humor. However, I was able to take a lot away from his messages. The main thing I took away from his first lecture on Leadership, was on one of the last slides. It said I have approximately 1,816,473,600 seconds left of my life. Thinking about the time frame, I realized that I have a lot less time then my broad mind originally factored. It made me realize that I need to add a lot more value to my life in a lot less time.
The second lecture put another topic in perspective. The video about fish jumping into my boat sparked my thoughts. I realized I have been waiting for good things to happen to me. While sometimes I am fortunate for good things to come my way, most of the time I am S.O.L. I need to push myself to do the things that will bring me happiness and fortune in the future.
Having deeply considered the words of Dr. Feinberg, I have come up with 2 personal challenges.
Challenge 1 = Do something everyday that will make another person appreciate my existence.
Challenge 2 = Do something everyday that will benefit my future.
Time to make a difference!
M.R.D.
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Although I felt that this blog had great substance and ideas, I wish you would have expanded more on them. This post resonated with me because in many ways, I had similar feelings. I was frustrated and aggravated by Professor Feinberg the first few weeks of class. Especially after having Feinberg for E-Retailing last semester and thinking so highly of him. At first, I did not understand why he was torturing our class in this way. How was I learning anything by wasting an hour and a half of my time? However, I agree that once you give Professor Feinberg’s lectures a chance, you can actually take a lot of leadership and life lessons away from them. I feel you could have improved this blog by elaborating on why you aren’t a proactive person and don’t make great things happen for yourself. After reading all of your blogs, I feel it is a reoccurring theme that you have potential for greatness yet don’t utilize your skills. Also, I would have liked to know more specific examples on how you are going to use what you have learned from Feinberg so far to push yourself to do the things that will bring you happiness and fortune. What kind of things will you do every day to make another person appreciate your existence? What will you do every day to benefit your future? I think this is a great blog topic, yet wish I had more details!
ReplyDelete