This week, we got to witness students attempt to rationalize their leadership candidacy. While listening to 90% of the people repeat each other, I realized not many people are clear on what it takes to be a leader. While some people had good things to say, most of the population thought that past experiences carried enough merit alone. I DO NOT CARE WHAT FRAT YOU WERE A TREASURER FOR OR WHAT CLUB YOU ORGANIZED! I wanted to see the people that had charisma, confidence, and had a unique perspective on leadership.
Simply being President of your sorority does not qualify you to lead me anywhere. If you are gonna be in the front of my pack you better know where you are going, and why I should even be behind you. Be confident in the way you are, not just what you have done. I thought the guy that stood up and only told a funny joke had more to say about his leadership abilities then most of the people that were involved in 20 different activities in the last year. He was not scared, charismatic, funny, and had total control of the entire group. Nobody else was able to stand up and gain every persons' attention nearly as much.
But what do I know? I am just a peon.
"If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader." --- John Quincy Adams
And that is all!
MRD
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment