I sat there and decided against applying for a leadership position. I thought I had no chance of getting voted to be a leader with the number of people in our class. There was no way I would ever make a better leader then most of the people in the class. DUH!
As I entered the tower building project knowing only the last name of my group leader, not who he was or who was in my group, I began to think about the mistake I made. I never received any email about my duties for the project, or where we were to meet. So I aimlessly walked around for the first 15 minutes of the project, and I got to observe most of the groups. I thought to myself, "there were only a handful of leaders that are better leaders than I am." This thought alone was enough for me to realize NO MORE!
NO MORE shall I sit on my ass and go with the flow.
NO MORE shall I doubt my abilities as a leader.
NO MORE shall I leave the fate of my grades in class to somebody else.
So to the many of you who imitated my position in class on the day of leader nominations, never leave outcomes to somebody else. If you want things to go a certain way, or things to happen for you, do something! Don't sit back and go with the flow of things. Stand up, flex your leadership ass, and make things happen!
M.R.D.
No comments:
Post a Comment