Oh how nice it was to be in California for a week. It was a complete buzz kill to come back to school and read all of the CSR 309 emails...However, it is time to talk leadership.
After the lecture on company culture, and the leadership involved in making sure everybody understands what is expected of them, I started thinking about my dad's company that he works for. I have never seen a person put so much into his job, and constantly be stressed by it. What makes it frustrating is the person in charge. The President of the company has no clear cut direction in which he wants to go, and has no idea of how he wants to operate. I worked for the business for 3 summers and it was evident that nobody knows exactly what their part is in the operation. The company has only stayed afloat because of the standards set by the previous 2 Presidents.
Thinking of all of these things made me realize that in order to lead any group at all, one must be completely on top of their game. They need to be putting 100% effort into 100% of what they are doing, 100% of the time. A leader must have a clear vision and direction, understand and communicate exactly how and why they are headed that way, and constantly perform maintenance on those expectations.
Thus, I say this to leaders.... NOTHING LESS THAN 100%
M.R.D.
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment