Well all of my loyal followers, it has been a little while since I have posted anything. Unfortunately, I was at home for the last week after my grandmother passed away. It was a very tough time.
However, I am back and ready to blog.
I wanted to write about the exercise we did where we had to imagine what would be said about us at our own funeral. It was funny to me because I have already thought about this a little while ago. I was reading the 7 Habits book by Covey and saw this same exercise in that book. At that same time, I was going through a very difficult situation with a girlfriend of 3 years.
To make a long story short, I was pretty stupid in the relationship and hurt her pretty bad. We broke up and I realized how dumb I was and it was too late. So I was bearing the feeling of letting her down, letting her family down, and letting my family down. Then I read that exercise.....
I pictured my funeral, and thought about the things that people would say about me. It hit me that the most important people to me would not be saying what I would hope. That was an earth shattering experience. From that day forward I made it a mission to live my life in a manner that people would respect and admire. That means being a trustworthy person. That means being the hardest worker in anything I try. That means being there for people no matter what. That means growing up and acting like a man.
So to those of you who are reading this, and would even attend my funeral, I hope I am giving you something good to talk about.
Thursday, March 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment