Monday's class was about being able to have constructive arguments, and everyone being able to share ideas.... Now I am no expert, but arguing all of the time never got me anywhere with my ex-girlfriend. It is commonly accepted that arguing on numerous occasions tends to distance people from one another. If I am constantly arguing with my group members about ideas, I would tend to get annoyed of that person. Maybe that is my own personality threshold.
However, what I do believe in is open discussion. A healthy discussion greatly benefits every team. It allows people to feel a sense of belonging, and allows leaders to hear ideas that may end up better than their own. One thing I do believe in, as far as leadership positions, is that leaders are wise to build teams with people smarter than them. If a leader does this, and creates an environment where discussion can freely flow, then the team will operate more efficiently and create a better overall outcome.
Here is a quote to think about.....
"Discussion is an exchange of knowledge; argument is an exchange of ignorance.”-Robert Quillen
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment